Often the only thing that a beginning player needs after getting past the basics and winning a few games are some solid principles to keep them focused. Basically, roulette is a game of chance but there are a few tips that can help improve your odd.
Here are a couple of my top tips for roulette, which although might not make you a millionaire, should put you on the right track for getting a decent win lose ratio:
– Know the table limits. Each roulette table has its own minimum and maximum betting amount, so don’t go to a table thinking you’d only be betting $5 and get persuaded to gamble more.
– This leads to my second tip. Only bet what you can afford to. Serious players don’t bet to show off, they bet to make money, whether that be $2 or $2,000. It is also a prudent rule to give yourself a set amount of how much you are ready to lose before walking away, so you don’t have to remortgage your house.
– Get warmed up and get a feel for the table by making minimum bets on either odd or even. It’s easy and gives you that gut feeling of how much you like the table.
– Be the boss of your own chips. Amateur gamers at times allow the dealer to keep their original bet in place while accepting the winning chips they give you. You can move them wherever you like!
– You will be surprised how many dealers get in to a predictable and routine way of releasing the ball and you can often find it easier to predict where it lands. Some dealers do alternate certain types of releases
– Tips for roulette always include the classic Martingale system. Basically if you lose, you double up the next bet to gain back the loss. The problem being that your losing streak may go beyond your bank balance or you might hit the table limit. It’s better to use this with smaller betting amounts.
– Play European roulette with only one zero. It gives you better odds as American tables have two zeros. Both types of tables are found in the US so you don’t have to worry.
– Don’t let your mind trick you. For example, when 6 blacks have gone in a row your mind might start wondering (what if it’s a trick, bet black again). Never get in to an argument with your mind.
– Get familar with the game on a free fun table.
– Aim to preserve your bankroll. After you have a reasonable amount of winnings, bet with your profits alone and keep your original balance intact. Then the worst that can happen is you go home with your starting balance.
– It is best to play in well known online casinos as you can’t see the inner workings of a website. They may not be choosing numbers at random or could just make you lose every time.
In general, play safe and just have a good time. Enjoy the rush but don’t let it control your life.